Complexe feautres & undo selection

06-22-2014 05:58 AM
RejabMokh
New Contributor
Hi all esri Teams,
i'am asking if there is any Tools that can be able to editing a complexe Feature means all Kinds of gematrie(Point, Line & Polygone) in one Features)By the way I need a tools/ script that can be used to reselect feautre( undo selection).
Thanks & regards.
mrajab.
GIS analyste.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
Hi all esri Teams,
i'am asking if there is any Tools that can be able to editing a complexe Feature means all Kinds of gematrie(Point, Line & Polygone) in one Features)By the way I need a tools/ script that can be used to reselect feautre( undo selection).
Thanks & regards.
mrajab.
GIS analyste.

A coverage is the closest thing you can get to an integrated point, line, and polygon file type in ArcGIS.  Each feature type has to be loaded separately from the coverage container, but they have several built in topology rules and tools that synchronize them and their objectIDs.  However, it is an outdated format and has many restrictions and does not support the most current functionality of ArcGIS, so it may not work for your goal.

Topology is the primary means of maintaining spatial relationships between all of the feature types in a geodatabase dataset.  This can achieve much of the integration you may be wanting, such as being able to simultaneously edit all three feature types through a topology rule and the topology edit tools.  In an edit session all of the topology edit operations have undo capabilities.  However, topology does not automatically synchronize the ObjectIDs of the various types so that they can be operated on through an attribute relationship.  Attribute Assistant may provide that functionality to a level that you need.

To some degree CAD formats support all feature types, but they are not native to ArcGIS and will not have as many capabilities in ArcGIS as an ArcGIS feature class or that they would have in a true CAD application.

In general, all of the formats prevent you from directly storing all three types in just one loadable file object.  They each still have 3 subfiles that load as individual geometry types.  But the above options provide more levels of integration and synchronization than entirely separate feature classes.
0 Kudos
RejabMokh
New Contributor
Thanks for Our quickly replay,My Goal is to work in one Feature through an attribute relationship and based them I will generate the   other Geometrie likes Polygones. Exemple: Consedring In Real world that we have a Buil up area that it's Delemited by Roads

Our understang is no Need to Addi,g New Geometrie for this BUA but we Adding a New attribut in the same feature ( Road ) indicate tha this is a lso can be a BUA border.
My question here is it possible when  query this composite feature to select this BUA as a polygones.
Thanks & regards.
mrajab.
0 Kudos