Classic snapping: Snap tips disappear too quickly

08-15-2013 07:59 AM
AndyMurray1
New Contributor III
Win 7 Pro SP1

ArcGIS 10.1 SP1

I use classic snapping exclusively.  Under Windows 7 the "snap tips" appear and disappear so quickly that I cannot read them, but with the same release of ArcMap on XP they were working fine.  I can see that the cursor has snapped but I have to jiggle the mouse around and watch carefully to catch the snap tip.  Really, even watching very closely I have to see the tip several times before I can read it.  (As before, the tips appear next to the cursor and/or in the status bar.)

Has anyone else seen this or solved it?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ElizabethFairley
New Contributor
I have the same issue, and no helpful suggestions 😞     I have always used "regular" / new snapping.  Just switched from Windows XP to Windows 7, and the "new" snapping doesn't work well anymore, so I switched to "Classic snapping" -- and those snap tips are so dang fast, I can't read them at all, just see a blink so I know there's a vertex there and hope it's the right one.
0 Kudos
ClaytonWilliams
New Contributor
Has anyone found an answer to this problem? This thread is old, but our machines were just "upgraded" to Windows 7 and I'm having identical problems.
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos