Select to view content in your preferred language

Changing The Annotation Reference Scale

Jump to solution
02-25-2013 12:49 PM
ThomasBurke2
New Contributor II
I am using ArcGIS 10.1 and I am trying to change the reference scale for an annotation layer that I have in my model.  In the properties of the layer, the reference scale is grayed out.  I tried changing the reference scale through ArcCatalog, as was mentioned in another post, but that was grayed out also. 

The annotation layer was created by converting labels to annotation in 10 different maps and I didnt realize that I had to have each map at the same scale when I converted the labels to an annotation layer in order for the annotation on the maps to be similar. 

How can change the reference scale?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
RuneHansen
New Contributor

I think it might be that your annotation is registered as versioned. Please try to unregister as versioned and see if you then can change it.

FernandoMons_Nuñez
New Contributor II

Rune Hanse, you hitted the Spot in my case!! If dataset is register as versioned, this option is not available. In my case, it was a new annotation feature so i unregistered it and the option become available again. Also is important what it's said in this thread to not having the feauture openen in any mxd on Arcmap. I am using Arcmap 10.2

0 Kudos