Cannot write feature class to the network drive with home use license.

09-22-2014 02:14 PM
DanielHaverlah
New Contributor

I cannot create a feature class on our network drive at home (N: drive).  I have just set up a network at our house and when I perform any geoprocess that results in a feature class (i.e. clip) to our N drive, I get an error. I thought this was a permissions issue, but I've confirmed that I have full permissions on this drive. I can write shapefiles into the N drive, but I cannot perform any geoprocesses that produce feature classes. I can create feature classes and perform geoprocesses that result in feature classes on my C drive (local drive), but not on the network drive. Is this a licensing issue? I would be surprised if that was the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JorgeOrellana
Occasional Contributor II

don't think it's a licensing issue. In my previous job some users experienced issues writing to gdb's on the network and when it went to their local there was no issue. Have you tried turning off background geo-processing and see if that helps? We were never able to find the cause of this as it would not always happen and not everyone had this issue and we were all running essentially the exact same machines with the exact same settings. One of the contributing factors that I believe to be at fault is the length of the the output path, Arc doesn't like excessively long file paths.

0 Kudos