Cannot push the edited features from Arcgis 10 into table in SQL Server 2008

09-18-2013 12:40 AM
NguyenThachThao
New Contributor III
Hello!
I'm install PC1 MSSQLServer 2008, ArcSDE (lience Enterprise). I also created a ArcSDE enterprise geodatabase (and set geometric network for data).
(Therefore, when I Register As Versioned, I cannot check "move edit to base").

My problem is: I cannot push the edited features (these features are edited on Arcgis 10) into table in SQL Server 2008. And NOT any changes after I implemented compress command database in ArcCatalog. Before using compress command, I disconnected all user connecting to database.
Help me!!!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
When you make the edits, are you performing them in a child version of SDE.DEFAULT?  If so, those need to be reconciled and posted to SDE.DEFAULT before you compress in order to see them in the base table.
0 Kudos
NguyenThachThao
New Contributor III
Yes, I edited data with child versions of Default version (DBO.Default not SDE.Default), but before I implemented compress commmand, I also did reconcile and post to default version, and analyze for dataset, howerver I had not found tool to rebuild index in arcgis 10 yet, (I use SQL Server, I cannot connect to database by "Add database server") . What's wrong?

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
You wouldn't necessarily need to rebuild indexes to be able to see data in the feature class.  I'm not sure what the issue could be that you're having.  What method are you using to "push" the edited features into the table?  Are you using an ArcMap edit session, the Simple Data Loader in ArcCatalog, or some other tool?   

To connect to your database in ArcCatalog though, look under "Database Connections" and double click Add Spatial Database Connection.
0 Kudos
NguyenThachThao
New Contributor III
Hello!

If I connect to databse by Arcgis software, all edited features can see. But If I connect to database by SQL Server, I cannot find them.

My ArcSDE Geodatabase have set Geometric Network, therefore when performing Registy as version cannot check "move edit to base". I also tried with a ArcSDE Geodatabase which haven't set Geometric Network, and check "move edit to base" in Registy as version is not problem, all edited features are found in base table in SQL Server.

I found link "http://edndoc.esri.com/arcobjects/9.2/NET_Server_Doc/manager/geodatabase/administering_a-557706548/c...". I think that to edited features can be stored into base table, we must perform compessing database.

"Compressing performs two key tasks:
Removes unreferenced states and their associated delta table rows
Moves entries in the delta tables common to all versions into the base tables, reducing the amount of data the database management system (DBMS) will need to search through for each version query, thereby improving query performance and system response time"

Soure: "http://edndoc.esri.com/arcobjects/9.2/NET_Server_Doc/manager/geodatabase/administering_a-557706548/c..."

Thanks so much!
0 Kudos
NguyenThachThao
New Contributor III
Hi all!
I solved this problem! Compress only effect with SDE schema, not effect with DBO schema. My ArcSDE Geodatabase used DBO schema. I tried to create another ArcSDE Geodatabase use SDE schema and compressing is successful!

:), very happy!!!
0 Kudos