Cannot create geometry network

Jump to solution
12-12-2016 08:13 AM
HannesZiegler2
Occasional Contributor II

I am attempting to build a geometric network from a dataset I received. Unfortunately, I am seeing the following error message:

"Cannot create a geometric network in the selected feature dataset because the feature dataset is in use by another application/user. Cannot aquire a schema lock because of an existing lock.

I'm hoping someone can let me know where this error originates and how I can resolve it.

So far I have tried removing all z- and m-values, checking the projections, fixing all geometry errors in the data using data reviewer, and copying out into several new datasets.

Thank you!

Hannes

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HannesZiegler2

This problem has been resolved. The problem is due to the "ENABLED" field domain not being what is expected within the geometric network framework. If you either delete the "ENABLED" field or set the proper domain it will work.

Hope this helps someone else!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Which error are you seeing? You mention one but  post a screen cap of another.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
HannesZiegler2

Oh, I am sorry, I am seeing the error in the screenshot. I mixed those up somehow..

0 Kudos
HannesZiegler2

This problem has been resolved. The problem is due to the "ENABLED" field domain not being what is expected within the geometric network framework. If you either delete the "ENABLED" field or set the proper domain it will work.

Hope this helps someone else!

LiaCohen
New Contributor

I had the same problem, and the reason was because I did topology on the feature class before.
It resulted by copying the feature class to a new feature dataset and creating the geometric network in the new dataset, or just deleting the topology.

0 Kudos