Can't see SQL table views in 10.3

Jump to solution
12-11-2014 11:25 AM
MikeLouwrens
Occasional Contributor III

I installed the new ArcGIS Desktop 10.3 yesterday, I just noticed when looking in one of my SDE connections that I can't see any SQL table views in ArcCatalog anymore.  I can see stand-alone tables, feature classes etc., but my table views are missing.  Is there an option/setting somewhere that I can turn these back on?

Thanks,

Mike.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like 10.3 client/9.3 db compatibility.  Check this link: Client and geodatabase compatibility—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

It suggests to me that functionality is known to be limited, so they say you can connect "to upgrade."  I would verify w/Esri support.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

I can see table views, but cannot see all related tables.  My 10.2 clients can see all tables, but my 10.3 client, using the same connection file, can't.  I know this doesn't help you, but I wonder if the two are related.  I'm creating an Esri ticket for mine, and will follow-up here if it proves informative for your issue.

0 Kudos
SusanJones
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Mike

What version of the SQL Server Native Client is installed - 10.0 or 11.0?

Susan

0 Kudos
MikeLouwrens

on my PC?  Looking in my Programs and Features list I see both 2008 R2 Native Client (10.51) and 2012 Native Client (11.2).

Cheers,

Mike.

0 Kudos
SusanJones

Hi Mike

We had an almost identical issue with SSMS 2008 R2 accessing some objects and not others.

There is a patch out for SSMS 2008 R2 which should be applied which fixed the issue for the developers.

Susan

0 Kudos
MikeLouwrens

my SSMS 2008 R2 can see everything it needs to see, it's just within ArcGIS Desktop that I can't see the views.  Should I reinstall the 2008 R2 Native Client?

Cheers,

Mike.

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

I just checked on a Desktop 10.3 machine and I can see the views w/o any issues.

The version of Native Client should match the database version. You can try re-installing Native Client and check if that helps.

Is this issue occurring for all users and multiple geodatabases?

0 Kudos
MikeLouwrens

Asrujit SenGupta wrote:

I just checked on a Desktop 10.3 machine and I can see the views w/o any issues.

The version of Native Client should match the database version. You can try re-installing Native Client and check if that helps.

Is this issue occurring for all users and multiple geodatabases?

Was this looking at a 9.3 geodatabase?  I can see views fine looking at 10.3 database but not 9.3.

I have reinstalled the 2008 R2 Native Client but hasn't helped.  I am the only one to have installed 10.3 so far (due to this issue), so no other users.  It happens on all my 9.3 databases, however these are all on the one server.  I don't have another SDE server to test it on.

Cheers,

Mike.

0 Kudos

Can you successfully create and subsequently see a view in 10.3?  And, do you have the ability to confirm with an earlier client that the view itself is healthy and happy?

0 Kudos
SusanJones

There are some issues with the SQL Server client tools around ddl access to objects.

Despite the user rights and permissions being in place, some access to tables and views was restricted.

This was solved by applying the cumulative update of the client tools.

0 Kudos