Can't see feature classes in geodatabase

09-12-2012 11:39 AM
KenMarshall1
New Contributor III
Hi,

I just did an upgrade from 10.0 to 10.1 to a computer then come to find out the GPS extension doesn' t work in 10.1. But it worked in 10.0. (How frasturstating ESRI) It's not like you went form 9.3 to 10.1. I think there is more messed up going from 10.0 then 10.1 then there was from 9.3 to 10.0.

Anyways, after I upgraded to 10.1 I had to downgrade to 10.0 so the GPS extenison works.  And now when you go to add data you can open the geodatabase put you can't see any feature classes to add to the map. All the other 9 computers they can see the feature classes.

I'm running arcINFO 10 on a 10.1 lisense. I can't change it back to 10.0 cause I have 9 other people on the same lisense and I'm not taken everyone back to just upgrade again in a month or two.

I'm assuming I can't see the feature classes cause I'm runing arcinfo 10 on a 10.1 lisense.
Can anyone comfirm this.

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KylaGraham
New Contributor
Hi

Did you figure out this problem? I just bought a new desktop and installed ArcGIS 10.1 on it. I was using 10.0 before and had no problem working with some tutorial data (I still have a lot to learn in GIS and am now working through the GIS Tutorial 1 book) but when I tried to open the feature classes in a geodatabase it was like they weren't there according to ArcMap and ArcCatalog. Now I'm trying to re-install 10.0 to see if it will work again. Any info you have on this (or anybody else??) would be helpful 🙂

Cheers

K
0 Kudos