Can't save digital elevation model (DEM) to GeoTiff in ArcGIS 10.1

Jump to solution
02-10-2014 01:58 PM
EmmanuelGabet
New Contributor
Hello,

When I try to export a DEM in ArcCatalog 10.1 as a GeoTiff, I get an error (see below). If I try to do this through the Toolbox and CopyRaster, I get the same error message. Any ideas on what's going on? These are run-of-the-mill DEMs downloaded from the USGS site as Arc files.

Thanks
Manny

Executing: CopyRaster "C:\Users\Home\Documents\ArcGIS\Sierra Nevada\Porterville_strip\n36w118\grdn36w118_1" C:\Users\Home\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb\test.tif # # -3.402823e+038 NONE NONE # NONE NONE
Start Time: Mon Feb 10 15:56:55 2014
ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
The table name is invalid.
No spatial reference exists.
The table was not found. [test.tif]
Failed to execute (CopyRaster).
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor
GeoTiff is a file based raster type and you are trying to save it to a File GeoDatabase (FGDB). If you want a GeoTiff, set your output workspace to a directory not an FGDB. If you want a geodatabase raster, leave your output workspace as is and remove the '.tif' from the raster name.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor
GeoTiff is a file based raster type and you are trying to save it to a File GeoDatabase (FGDB). If you want a GeoTiff, set your output workspace to a directory not an FGDB. If you want a geodatabase raster, leave your output workspace as is and remove the '.tif' from the raster name.
EmmanuelGabet
New Contributor
Brilliant. Thank you!
0 Kudos
EmmanuelGabet
New Contributor
Don't forget to mark  the post as answering your question.

I would be happy to but can't figure out how. There are no clickable check-marks or arrows that I can see.
0 Kudos