CAD data projection issue

Jump to solution
09-14-2014 07:52 PM
jarrygoidon1
New Contributor II

Hi There,

I am having a problem to define the CAD data coordinate system, Somebody please help and

one more thing is, it seems like my cad data have no projection as when i uploaded the data in ArcMap

a warning window popped out saying that "The following data sources you added are missing spatial reference

information. This data can be drawn in ArcMap, but cannot be projected.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jarrygoidon1
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan and I think you're right, but I managed to solve this by using georeferencing tools where I used the control points to define the projection of the CAD data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have to know what coordinate system the data are in.  If you don't, you can't Define its Coordinate system, nor can you Project it  You can guess by trying to define it, then see if it lines up with data that you know but my suggestion would be to find out what coordinate the system was recorded in....was it a UTM, MTM, State Plane? WGS84 GCS?  the list is endless

jarrygoidon1
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan and I think you're right, but I managed to solve this by using georeferencing tools where I used the control points to define the projection of the CAD data.

0 Kudos