BOOKMARKS TO PDF OR MAPBOOK

02-16-2018 06:15 AM
MariamShikhashvili1
New Contributor

As part of  a routine reports I have to create PDF maps from different part of my map project. I have created bookmarks for this different areas, and my usual workflow is to navigate to this areas using the bookmarks and export maps in pdfs having turned on/off the necessary layers. I'm wondering if there is a script I can use/adapt to automate this process. Will like to be able to include all the bookmark or specify specific bookmarks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

There are some suggestions here (using a python): https://community.esri.com/thread/58083 

LeonS
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have an ArcMap add-in that I created a few years back that will generate polygon features from bookmarks that you can then use for data-driven pages.  I used it just last week, so its still working!  

I just pushed up the version I updated for 10.4.1 on GitHub.  (Look in the Release directory)

GitHub - LeonGIS/BookmarksToGrids: ArcMap add-in that generates polygon features from bookmarks 

RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Map polygons for your report locations and save them in your database and use data driven pages to export your PDF's

Once you have them set up you can generate hundreds of pages in a matter of minutes

0 Kudos