I'm creating a complex address locator that is built upon geocoded results from another address locator. I'm putting everything in a script so that it can be run on a nightly basis so everything is as up-to-date as possible. The steps are as follows:
1) Rebuild first address locator
2) Geocode a table view that compares two tables in outside databases
3) Delete unmatched geocoded addresses (SCORE = 0) and append to FC in SDE
4) Delete duplicates in FC while maintaining the most recent update to the record
5) Rebuild second address locator (based on FC in step 4)
I've scripted everything but step two. The issue is, I need to be able to set the Config Keyword (default won't work) as well as the Geocoding Options (spelling sensitivity, min cand score, min match score, etc). Right-clicking and selecting geocding gives these options. The Geocode in ArcToolbox doesn't. Is there a way to capture these values in Python?
PS: This is the first python script I've written, so if I'm missing something or not making sense, please let me know.
The Geocode Addresses tool in the Geocding Tools tbx does not provide the same functionality as right-clicking the view and selecting Geocode Addresses for whatever reason.
basic, I presume Geocoding toolbox licensing—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop which of course affects the license options for the various tools within arctoolbox and hence arcpy access Geocode Addresses—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop