Attributes disappearing from attribute table

04-08-2013 09:59 AM
NateOris
New Contributor
Hello,

I am currently working on ArcGIS 10.1 SP1, every once in a while, when I am editing and click "save edits" the attributes for the last point that I had created disappears.  The point itself is still visible but to get the attribute table back to normal I have to close and reopen ArcMap.

I have noticed that after point creation, the FID will not be sequential.  The problem will occur the next time that I save my edits.

Hope to hear from you soon.  Thanks.

Nate
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
WenkeSchimmelpfennig
New Contributor
We had a similar problem while working on a network, this one helped:

http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/41119?WT.mc_id=EmailCampaign16217
0 Kudos
ChrisGraves1
New Contributor II
We had a similar problem while working on a network, this one helped:

http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/41119?WT.mc_id=EmailCampaign16217

Hi

I'm getting similar issues however the features on the map are disappearing and when I copy the feature back from a backup, the original feature re-appears! The data is a checked out replica which is created and stored on the network as a file Gdb.
Did the people in this post get a resolution buy installing the Microsoft hot fixes?

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos
LukasKeller
New Contributor
Hello,
rather than posting a different yet the similar topic, I believe, I post it here. I have a problem that when I save my edits to a one single shapefile, some features (I edit a polygon one) just does't appear in the attributes table. It is visible in the viewport, it's clickable and also identifiable. When I idenify it, it gives me values. Still it doesn't appear in the table. Can't figure out what is causing this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32646[/ATTACH]

If anyone came across the same and have a solution, I'll be grateful.
0 Kudos
LukasKeller
New Contributor
So I think I have found a solution, although I don't understand why that happens. First I thought it's caused by the size of a shapefile that contains numerous polygons etc., but that didn't correspond with my case as there were, what, 30 polys in total...

So, the solution is to jump into attributes tab (normally closed on the right bar), select the polygon (line or a point), right click and select "open table showing selection". That actually refresh the extisting attribute table you have opened and voila, it's there, whaiting to be edited.
0 Kudos