Attribute table not opening

10-10-2018 04:15 PM
CL1
by
New Contributor

I am a new user who is just self-learning on a personal license.  I have 10.6.1 on a personal computer.  Things are going pretty well except for one quirk.  I have begun two geodatabase maps and have added 3 feature classes to each map.  They are point and line features and show up fine on the map and also in the attribute table when I was working on it.  The problem is that intermittently, when I right click on the class in the TOB and choose "open attribute table" one of 2 things happens:

1.  Nothing happens at all - no table, no error message, nothing

2.  Sometimes I see a flash of what I think is the table and then it vanishes and drops off to the bottom left of the screen

like a program that is minimizing to the toolbar, tho obviously it isn't.

It doesn't matter if I am in edit mode or not.  The properties open fine, the Identify button works correctly and show the correct information. I am using a laptop and a monitor and originally did not realize it was opening on the other screen.  That isn't the case here.  If I save the map and close, then reopen it will sometimes let the attribute table open.  I can't seem to find a setting that I might have done the wrong way and am wondering if this happens to anyone else with the program and if anyone knows what I could or should do to correct it.  Thanks for any assistance#

Tags (1)
1 Reply
SofiaValentin1
New Contributor III

I have a similar problem. It has been working fine before but a few weeks ago, around 25th of october this year, only some of my attribute tables will show features and others will be blank. What's even weirder is that they are all from the same mapping service, but only a few will show contents. 

The window for my attribute table will always open, it will just show blank pages though. I've been trying hard to figure out if its something to do with that I have one group layer from the same service twice in the map (but at different scales). But it has worked earlier so I don't think I have checked the wrong layers in the configuration. I also don't have the  option for synchronizing with layers visibility active.

I also feel that the layers that choose to show up or not have changed since last time I checked with out me making any changes.

My users are relying on the attribute tables working and unfortunately something has been very wrong now for quite some time. I would really appreciate help with this asap,

Sofia

0 Kudos