Attribute column not found error

03-14-2011 11:28 AM
DeeptiVB
New Contributor II
While using "Make Query Table" tool on an ArcSDE feature class(versioned) and an attribute view, the functions fails to execute saying "Attribute column not found". The multi-part identifier SDE featureclass.columnname could not be bound.

What I am trying to do is a join between the feature class and table on A.x = B.y
A= SDE feature class
B = attribute view
x & y are text fields, 20 character long. The error says column x in feature class A cannot be found.

If I try the same join from SQL server backend on the same feature class and view it works perfectly.

Any idea what is happening on the arc client?

Thanks in advance,

-Deepti
0 Kudos
11 Replies
RonnieRichards
Occasional Contributor III

This is an old thread but have any of you tried removing all quotes conveniently added by the tool?

#NIM102585 In ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2, the quotes have to be either removed or modified in the Expression column of the Make Query table tool to run the tool successfully.

0 Kudos
SamuelLopez
New Contributor

Hi guys, I solved this issue by right-clicking on the layer, click on properties then source, edit the query, remove everything in the query box then double click on the list of tables (The table that you are using), click on validate, once the validate button is disabled then click on next, select the unique identifier field then OK and that should fix it.

0 Kudos