Attempting to export ESRI objects from ArcFM Database

Jump to solution
09-07-2012 06:59 AM
TimDine
Occasional Contributor II
I am attempting to export data from my SDE geodatabase into a file geodatabase. It is important that all of the data comes out with the original objectIDs, globalIDs, and relationships intact. Right now I'm doing this with a python script and the copy_management tool and it works great, almost. The file geodatabase is populated correctly except that all of the objects in the database are ArcFM objects and not ESRI objects. I'd like them to be ESRI objects so that I can use the geodatabase on machines that don't have the ArcFM object reader.

The only way I've been able to convert them so far is to manually create/upgrade ArcFM into the file geodatabase, convert to ESRI objects, then delete the ArcFM system tables. I'd like to do this all automatically. Any suggestions on a change or alternative to my process? Anything is fair game as long as it can be done in code without user interaction.

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimDine
Solved with a few different options.  They required either modifying the SDE tables, or using ArcObjects to change the CLSID of the objects once they had been exported.

Solution on the Telvent Forum

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimDine
Solved with a few different options.  They required either modifying the SDE tables, or using ArcObjects to change the CLSID of the objects once they had been exported.

Solution on the Telvent Forum
0 Kudos
JenniLang
New Contributor III

Hi Tim,

The link in your answer doesn't work for me. I'm assuming this is because Telvent is now Schneider Electric. What you described above is what I need to do.

Are you able to post the whole solution or add a new link?

Thanks

Jen

0 Kudos
BijuThavaran
New Contributor II
0 Kudos