Attachments Physical Location

08-08-2013 12:25 PM
PatrickMcKinney1
Occasional Contributor III
We are testing using attachments with the ArcGIS Collector app.  After collecting a feature, I was able to view the photo in ArcMap.

How do you get to the physical location of the attached image?  We would like to have direct access to the attachment.

We are using SDE and SQL.

Thanks for your help,

Patrick
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Did you try and download the the feature service as a shapefile, I think that includes the attachments?

You can do that by navigating in your ArcGIS Online account to the feature service, click on the feature service and then there should be a dropdown box just below it where you can save it as a shapefile.
0 Kudos
PatrickMcKinney1
Occasional Contributor III
We're hosting the feature service on our server, not on ArcGIS Online.  We're using ArcGIS Online to create the web maps.

When we view the attachment in ArcMap, we have the option to save the attachment.  However, the goal is to know where it is being stored.

Thanks for your suggestions.

- Patrick
0 Kudos
JessicaThompson
New Contributor III

Were you able to find them, if so, where?

Thanks!

I am running into the same issues, I need to know where to find the physical pictures.

0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Maybe right click your attachment in ArcGIS online and look at the properties to get an idea where it is saved?
0 Kudos
AaronKreag5
New Contributor

I haven't tried it but I always thought that it stored the image in the actual relational database, in the table that your feature class is using as a new column...maybe as a BLOB file type or image type,  Have you checked there?

0 Kudos