ArcSDE post installation problem

10-14-2011 09:25 AM
MichaelO_Donnell1
New Contributor II
I have installed Image Server 10, PostgreSQL 8.3, and ArcSDE 10 on a single Windows Server 2008 R2, but I have run into a problem with the post installation of ArcSDE. When I navigate through the post installation and I get to the 'Connect as super user' form, I get the error 'Error connectin to PostgreSQL-51'. Using the postgres database account I set up during the PostgreSQL installation process, I can log on to the database via pgAdmin3. The services for all the software are running (with exception of SDE because the post install is not completed). I have tried to create a new super user account via pgAdmin3, but this account also did not work.

Basically, I cannot figure out why I cannot connect to the database via the sde post installation even though I can connect via pgAdmin3.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong. I have closely followed the sde 10 installation instructions and I have not had this problem with previous sde versions, but I am at a lost.

thank you for your help
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeoDonahue
Occasional Contributor III
I realize that this is not exactly your issue, but try the post install again using the "run-as" suggestion in this article.

http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/38371
0 Kudos
MichaelO_Donnell1
New Contributor II
Yea, I have actually tried this. I also tried uninstalling and installing everything several times.

thank,
mike
0 Kudos