Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcSDE Mystery Editing Error

05-15-2012 10:55 PM
KarimHussein
New Contributor II
I am working on ArcSDE geodatabase, I have privilege on one Schema called E_USER, but when I am trying to save my edits on any feature or table "let's say E_USER.Incidents" on this schema I got this error

Unable To Save Edits
Insufficient Permissions[Insufficient privileges to table A_USER.PPL_AREA the current user lacks full access to table.]

As you can see I am working in different schema and different table but always got this error.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regrads

Kareem
11 Replies
Sergiydodon
New Contributor II
I have same problem and I don't know what to do with it.

I've already post about it to forum but no answer

http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=158&f=2290&t=298974

please help!!!

one thing that I know if you give select, delete, update to that dataset, where that layer located then it become to work, but it's not solution.
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Not sure if this will help you guys or not; while I've never had this particular error, schemas can be on the maddening side.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
EduardoCamargo_de_Araujo
New Contributor
Grant privileges using the Change Privileges Tools (ArcToolBox -> Data Management Tools -> Database) to your user and try.
0 Kudos
Sergiydodon
New Contributor II
Grant privileges using the Change Privileges Tools (ArcToolBox -> Data Management Tools -> Database) to your user and try.

but I don't want to give to the user rights to the dataset where layer located.
I'll try to explain more clearly. I have two datasets A and B. User, for example, userA granted rights to datasets A and he edits layers from dataset A, but ArcMap says isufficient Permissions[Insufficient privileges to table PPL_AREA the current user lacks full access to table] which is locvated in dataset B.... I didn't made any joins inside database, so i dont't understand what is that....

Yes you're right if I give userA right to dataset B for write, will be fine, but i don't want. Thanks/
0 Kudos
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
Hi all,

As Vince pointed out in this forum post, ArcSDE doesn't control database privileges. ArcGIS clients have tools, such as the Privileges tool, that allow you to grant UML privileges to datasets, but those just pass the SQL grant or revoke statements to your DBMS.  What DBMS are you using?

@Karim, who are you logged in as when you try to edit PPL_AREA?  Did you use the ArcGIS Privileges tool to directly grant INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE privileges on PPL_AREA to that login (user)?

@Sergiy, I'm not sure what you mean by
Yes you're right if I give userA right to dataset B for write, will be fine, but i don't want.
  If you don't grant write access on dataset B to userA, userA will not be able to edit dataset B.
0 Kudos
ShannonShields
Esri Contributor
I am working on ArcSDE geodatabase, I have privilege on one Schema called E_USER, but when I am trying to save my edits on any feature or table "let's say E_USER.Incidents" on this schema I got this error
Unable To Save Edits
Insufficient Permissions[Insufficient privileges to table A_USER.PPL_AREA the current user lacks full access to table.]

Karim,

Is it possible that there is a relationship class between E_USER.Incidents and A_USER.PPL_AREA? If there is, and you haven't been granted permission to A_USER.PPL_AREA then you may not be able to successfully edit the Incidents table.

-Shannon
0 Kudos
KarimHussein
New Contributor II
Greetings all,

I would like to thank you all guys for your help.

I discovered that there is a bug NIM059451 "http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDU5NDUx" in ArcSDE that causing this error only when you register your tables or feature class with the option of move edits to base, the only solution now is to uncheck this option when you register any table or feature class, however I faced another problem when I did that, that I am now cannot create multiversion view for these tables that were registered without the option of move edits to base, I am trying to find a solution and I will get back to you.

Finally I hope that Esri fix this bug in ArcGIS 10.1

Warm regards,

Karim
0 Kudos
WilmarCruz_Ruiz
New Contributor

Hi Karim, did you finally found any solution for this in V10.0 ?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
GeoffMartin
New Contributor

We are getting the same error having just migrated from ArcGIS/ArcSDE 10.0 --> 10.2.2 and configured Versioning to Edits to Base.

Anyone found a solution?

cheers

0 Kudos