ArcMAP User Level

12-21-2015 05:03 PM
RenaldCuevas
New Contributor

I was wondering if i can put a password (User Level) in the ARC map editor? in which other users cant do editing and other users can only edit some geodatabase? or there is an other way around with this kind?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RenaldCuevas
New Contributor

i havent tried the folder lock yet in our office since my data base in our server drive. synchronization is one good idea which i want to know how can we doit?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Replacing a FileGDB with users connected to it will be a challenge (they will have locks to the data). If you have a license for Standard or Advanced you could consider using SQL Express with ArcSDE. Find a comparison here: Types of geodatabases—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Maybe replication would be possible with SQL Express (?): Understanding distributed data—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

How about a truncate and append operation of the feature class(es) in question overnight so no one is using either the source or replicated data source?  In this way the users with read privileges would have access to data that is at most is 1 day old.