ArcMap shuts down while Editing

01-10-2012 08:46 AM
MatthewStamm
New Contributor
I have my sidewalks symbolized by classification. When I add a new line and go to the attribute window to populate the fields, the classifaction field if highlighted in green and instead of a drop for me to choose the classification, it has a little button with 3 dots that you click and it brings up a different window showing how I have stuff symbolized. If I click on the classification of the sidewalk it just shuts down. Says it has encountered an error. My question is does anyone else have this problem and also how do I get rid of the button without undoing my symbology.
I have included a attachement on the button and the box that comes up after you click on the 3 dote button.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RhondaGlennon
Occasional Contributor III
Make sure you have installed ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 3. A bug that sounds like what you are experiencing was fixed in it.

http://resources.arcgis.com/content/patches-and-service-packs?fa=viewPatch&PID=17&MetaID=1807

If this does not resolve it, please contact Esri Support so an analyst can work directly with you and your scenario.
0 Kudos
MatthewStamm
New Contributor
I will give that a try. I didn't know they was an new service pack out. I ususally get an e-mail telling me that.
0 Kudos