ArcMap crashes, while saving the edits

Jump to solution
03-18-2014 08:49 PM
NCSCMNCSCM
New Contributor III
While saving the edits, ArcMap crashes, actually multiple client is accessing the default version of oracle geodatabase, while they complete their editing and apply save edits, ArcMap crashes, if anyone knows the solution please provide.

the version of SDE and Client software is, ArcGIS 10.1 with SP1, Database: Oracle 11g (11.2.0.1)

Regards,
Muruganandam R
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NCSCMNCSCM
New Contributor III
Hi,
Our problem got resolved after deleting the some of the feature name which exist in gdbitems table.

Thanks for all to assist me
Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
EmadAl-Mousa
Occasional Contributor III
for multi-user editing environment, its better to enable "versioning workflow".

please check the logs on your local machine using the below path:

C:\Users\windows_user_profile\AppData\Local\Temp\3
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Are you encountering ArcMap crash only while working on ArcSDE Geodatabase (ArcSDE on Oracle). Is it a fresh install. Was there any changes done in Oracle DB or did you observe anything unusual in Oracle. Windows update can be a culprit. Was there any recent windows update.

-Did you encounter ArcMap crash while only one user was editing the Default Version.

-Try to connect to the database using another user,make edits, and save edits. Check how it works.
-Create a new mxd, make edits and save edits. Check how it works.

-Install ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 Quality Improvement Patch. (Try it in a test machine and make sure you have complete backup of the database before you apply the patch)
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
Assuming you are using some version of Microsoft Windows, what does the Event Viewer show for the time when the crash occurred?
0 Kudos
NCSCMNCSCM
New Contributor III
Hi Crafty,

We are using Win 7 SP1 Prof, today, my boys are left for the day, I will see the event log tomorrow and I will come back to you.
Thanks for your reply.

Hi Mousaem,

Thanks for your reply, kindly clarify me, whether I need to check in the server path or in client machine temp path.

Hi Karthi,
Its nice to see one off my BARD guys is replying for my queries, I have downloaded the patch, I didn't apply, since some off editing is in midway, once completed I will take backup data and I will apply the patch.
0 Kudos
EmadAl-Mousa
temp path of your local machine where your ArcMap has crashed.
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan

Hi Karthi,
Its nice to see one off my BARD guys is replying for my queries, I have downloaded the patch, I didn't apply, since some off editing is in midway, once completed I will take backup data and I will apply the patch.

Hi Ji,

Hope you are doing good. The moment I saw your initial post yesterday, I thought that it was you. However 'geoncscm' and 'NCSCM' confused me. I have had similar issues while using old mxd for editing. Recreating mxd had fixed it and I believe the culprit is something different at your end. ArcMap crash while using ArcSDE (especially ArcSDE on Oracle crash is always a pain). Make sure you upgrade the Geodatabase after applying the patch. Take a complete backup of the database before you upgrade. Glad to assist you '-)
0 Kudos
NCSCMNCSCM
New Contributor III
Hi,
Our problem got resolved after deleting the some of the feature name which exist in gdbitems table.

Thanks for all to assist me
Regards
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Glad to hear that you had resolved it and thanks for posting it here.
0 Kudos