arcmap 10.4 crash with classification function

05-04-2016 03:24 AM
AnthonyGreenish
New Contributor III

arcmap 10.4 crashes each time I try to use the classification function on a single band raster image. Is there a known problem with this function?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Anthony,

Do you get any error messages with this?

Can you specify the build of your PC along with the steps you are taking to reproduce this crash?

Have you tried reclassifying a different raster image to see if the problem persists?

0 Kudos
AnthonyGreenish
New Contributor III

No error messages just the crash report menu. I am running Arcmap on an Asus laptop with an intel Core i7 processor under Win8.1. I have tried other raster images and I get the same problem. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
AnthonyGreenish
New Contributor III

Arcgis 10.3.3 and later 10.4 were running fine for over a year when this problem started. It actually started after I contacted Support on April 20 about a script error problem when I getting each time I tried to open a geoprocessing function. After the technician couldn't I fix the problem right then, I did a re-install and used the repair option and the problem disappeared. The technicial however made me make a bunch of changes somewhere in the system files and that may be where the new problem lies. I have re-contacted Support and am working with Nausheen on case #01778547. I hope she can find out how to fix the problem. Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos