ArcGIS10: OLE DB Connection-Create Feature Class from XY Table of accdb. 11 Points?

04-26-2012 12:22 PM
ScottChang
New Contributor II
Hi all,

I create an accdb file in Access 2007: Name of columns are  ID   OrgName  X   Y  FID in Table1.  In Database Connections-OLE DB Connection-Table1 of ArcCatalog10, I did "Create Feature Class" from "XY Table", selected GCS_North_America_1983 for XY Coordinate System, and then I generated an XYaccdbTable1 shapefile in my C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb\XYaccdbTable1.  Finally, I did brought the XYaccdbTable1 shapefile to my mxd Map via the ADD DATA procedure.  It worked without any errors.  In the Attribute Table, I got 11 "Point" records - the first attached file. But, I just got 8 points appeared on the Map - see the second attahed file.  3 Points (Points "0", "6" and "7") are missing on the Map!!!  I don't know what went wrong in creating the XYaccdbTable1 shapefile!!!???  Please help and advise me how I can figure out this strange result and resolve this problem to make the 3 Points to appeared on the mxd Map.

Thanks,
Scott Chang
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ScottChang25

I did "Zoom to Layer" on the XYTable1 layer, and I got 2 Points (#6 and #7) appeared on the wrong places.  Point #0 is still mising - see the new attached file.
0 Kudos
ScottChang
New Contributor II
I found the mistakes I made in the Y-coordinate for Central Bank & Trust Company (ID:6) and Glass America (ID:7).  I corrected these mistakes and re-processed the Create Feature Class from XY Data in ArcCatalog 10 and then I did "Add Data" to the Layer in ArcMap 10.   It turned out nicely now - see the attached file.
Scott Chang
0 Kudos