ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
04-23-2014 03:35 AM
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I attended the Developer Summit this year with a colleague.  He attended a session on the new ArcGIS Pro product and indicated that he heard that file geodatabases would not be supported in Pro.  Can someone confirm or deny this?

I thought that file geodatabases were very much a fundamental part of the system.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor
Pro includes support for file geodatabases. Beta 1 supports uncompressed file geodatabase data. Beta 2 will support both compressed and uncompressed data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor
Pro includes support for file geodatabases. Beta 1 supports uncompressed file geodatabase data. Beta 2 will support both compressed and uncompressed data.
0 Kudos
AdamDavis
Occasional Contributor

Hi Lance,

Thanks for the clarification. Can you confirm whether Personal Geodatabases are supported in ArcGIS Pro please?

Thanks,

Adam
0 Kudos
LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor
Personal Geodatabases will not be supported in the initial release. We are investigating support in a later release.
0 Kudos
AdamDavis
Occasional Contributor
Personal Geodatabases will not be supported in the initial release. We are investigating support in a later release.

Hi Lance,

Thanks for the info.

Adam
0 Kudos
BonnieGow
New Contributor
I downloaded the ArcGIS Pro Beta version and it is working. I can see a definite learning curve getting used to the new program but I don�??t think it will be too steep. I have a newer computer with windows 7, a very large hard drive, 453 GB of disk space, 4 GB of RAM memory with dual processors and the program runs slow, much slower than I am used to and the only other program I have open is outlook email. I�??ll check back in after I get more acquainted with the new program.
After a few hours, I am getting used to the program and I actually like the platform better although I am having a couple issues:
Not being able to import just a shapefile, am I missing something?  It is not an option. If this is the case, I do not like not being able to just pull in a shapefile.  I also cannot seem to find copy symbology from one layer to another and I have searched and searched?
0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi Bonnie,

The minimum amount of RAM that they recommend is 4GB. I have tested with 8GB of RAM and it performs well. The system requirements are located at the same URL that you used to download the Pro app.

The Pro app is not designed, at this point, to work with shapefiles. They will be adding more functionality as the app is developed more.

Hope this helps.

-George
--- George T.
0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
Bonnie, take a look at the below link for some common questions regarding ArcGIS PRO. As George mentioned, more functionalities will be added as the application is developed further.

http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/whats-coming/common-questions

According to the above link:
ArcGIS Pro requires Windows 7 or Windows 8 on a 64-bit machine with a recommended 8 GB of RAM or more. More specific information on system requirements is still coming.

Personally I have tested this on a machine with 4GB RAM and it ran quite smooth till now for me.
0 Kudos
BonnieGow
New Contributor
Thank you....:)
0 Kudos