ArcGIS online Geocode Services

01-20-2015 11:13 AM
DougRitter1
New Contributor II

I just called into support and it was explained that currently AGOL does not have a method to consume custom geocoding services (address locators) without ArcGIS server.  Is there anything of a workaround so that the internal locators can be used within web maps if they only have AGOL without ArcGIS server?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Do you mean like an address locator you would use within ArcGIS Desktop? If so, then no. You need a server to publish a service.

0 Kudos
DougRitter1
New Contributor II

Yes, that is what we are looking for.  We have been using AGOL exclusively, and it has been able to do most of what we need, but if the only way to utilize an address locator is with ArcGIS server that is odd.  It seems like there would be something for it, or plans to add it?

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Maybe in a future realease

0 Kudos
Lars_Kristian_EngelsbyHansen
New Contributor III

I am facing the same issue - my experiances with AGOL is that more features are added and still will be added. Hopefully this will be in the next release 🙂

0 Kudos
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

To get around this I have added address points and made the full address field searchable in my web app.  You could also use parcel data if it has an address field.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos