I am currently using 10.2.2 and I seem to be experiencing the same issue importing XML workspace. I have to manually add the domains in for non-subtype fields. I wondered if you ever got a resolution to this, if there is one? I understand this is a fairly old post!
Look forward to hearing from you.
All the very best,
I haven't heard of any resolution to this issue, but I will be making a large update to one of our datasets in the next week or two. I haven't had to make any changes with a wholesale XML import lately, but that will be involved with this one. I'll report back with any behavior that I notice with that import.
We did our schema updates last week, and I am very pleased to say that everything worked as it "should." All default values and domains (even on subtypes) that we had set in the XML using Diagrammer came into the database just fine; I didn't have to go back and re-apply those settings in ArcCatalog after importing the XML file as I had to in the past. Another big help was now if domains already existed in the database and also existed in the XML that is being imported; if the domains are identical in both locations a second domain is not created anymore (like it creating a ManholeType_1 if ManholeType already existed), if values had changed in a domain is now the only time that a Domain_1 would be created.
All in all just the domain and default value assignments staying as they should probably cut half the time out of schema updates for us compared to in the past.
Can't tell you how thankful I am for letting me know and that the issue is now no longer requiring a manual fix! Brilliant news. I wondered if you don't mind, can you confirm which version of ArcCatalog and Diagrammer you are using. I seem to believe I tested with 10.2.2 and Diagrammer 10.0.1.
Yes I'm using Desktop 10.2.2 and what I think is Diagrammer 10.2 also. We downloaded this new version of Diagrammer when we upgraded to 10.2 from here:
Now if I go to About Diagrammer to look at the version notes, it still says 10.1 there so I'm not sure why that is so.