arcGIS 10.1

08-22-2012 10:14 AM
AndrewAustin
New Contributor
having issues with AcrGIS 10.1 in the layout view sometimes it seems to work fine and other time its so slow and will crash just want to see if anyone else was having issues with this. I'm running windows 7 not sure if this is causing some problems as it will only map up to 4gigs and says i only have 2.99 usable memory

so if anyone else is having issues with this i would like to hear about it and any ways to fix these issues would also be helpful.

thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
EvanKoester1
New Contributor
Did you end up resolving this issue?  We're having the same problem.
0 Kudos
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III
Apparently this behavior continues on in 10.2 as well, does anyone from ESRI have any ideas other than those discussed above (rename ESRI roaming folder, registry, etc.), which we've tried already?  I like the get into the office and crash ArcMap right off the bat technique, but really I see multiple postings about printing and freezing, what is really at the root of the problem?
0 Kudos
JustinWhisenant
New Contributor II
I'm running 10.1 and it freezes when I first print a new map.  Layout view is buggy too.  Sometimes it goes blank and freezes.  Very frustrating.
0 Kudos
EvanKoester1
New Contributor
Someone else posted a solution somewhere... It's been a while, but I think if we turned off background geoprocessing we didn't experience the problem anymore.  Geoprocessing drop down-> Geoprocessing Options -> uncheck "Enable" under "Background Processing".
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
This might be an issue with Windows updates.  Take a look towards the bottom of this thread to see if it applies in your case:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/65493-ArcGIS-quot-Not-Responding-quot-in-Windows-7?highlight=10.2+c...
0 Kudos
RossBrewer
New Contributor III
After trying the solutions above with no success, I worked with Esri support on this.

It was determined that my Logitech Setpoint wireless mouse software was causing ArcGIS Desktop to freeze on the first attempt to print after logging in to Windows 7; and the first menu selection after the freeze would remain on my desktop.

I was running Setpoint 6.61 when the error would occur, and now I am running 6.32 with no printing error.
0 Kudos