Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcCatalog Preview is 'sometimes' blank

03-03-2011 10:31 AM
BobFakename
New Contributor
I am attempting to centralize all the feature sets I am using. On the local machine each feature set has geocoded points which show graphically through the ArcCatalog tool. I have moved over several feature sets to a centralized server in the hopes of using DataConnection to link them back to the local ArcMap. When viewing the ArcCatalog from the server I noticed *most of the previews are blank, save for the coordinate system. One particular feature set does work on the server. How this ultimately affects me is when I link my local map to the server, only the feature sets that are viewable on the preview become viewable locally.

I am using a Dataconnection to represent the folder connection. When I create a geodatabase on the server and move the feature set inside the db the preview works fine. It seems to be just within the scope of the data connection.

The research I have come across speaks mainly of the virtual directory not being configured correctly. However if this is the case, why did some work? Also, unfortunately without a lot of paper work we dont have admin rights to this box as its housed by a 3rd party so checking virtual directory settings isnt a simple task.

Has anyone ran into this issue? We are using ArcGIS 10.0
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies