Arc SDE GDB: Composit address locator with spatial database connection

12-28-2011 05:18 AM
jagadeeshrao
New Contributor
Hi

1) i have created Arc SDE GDB and connected spatial database connection
2) created feature data-set with the different point feature classes ( 10 layers)
3) like hospital, library, college, police station, fire station etc.
4) i have created individual address locators in spatial database connection through Arc Catalog
5) Now i want create composite address locator in Arc SDE GDB Through spatial database connection.

but based on ESRI information we can not create composite address locators( combines all individual address locators). see the below esri information

NOTE: Although a composite address locator can contain a participating address locator that resides in ArcSDE, composite address locators work in ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Engine, and ArcGIS Server only. Creating or copying a composite address locator onto an ArcSDE database connection is not supported.

NOTE: Creating a composite address locator using the Create Address Locator geoprocessing tool is not supported

1) Would like to know what is the alternative this to combine the all address locators. i have maintained Arc SDE GDB only.

2) what kind of details i have to give to application prospective. Whether i have to give each address locator files to the application team or is there any alternative option.

Please response this query.

Regards
Jagadeesh
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
You don't have access to ArcGIS Desktop, just SDE?  I think you'll want to get a copy of ArcGIS desktop installed and you can then create a composite locator through ArcCatalog.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos