Select to view content in your preferred language

Annotation Disappeared but the attribute table says that it is still there...???

02-02-2012 09:42 AM
KevinDoyle
New Contributor II
I created an annotation feature class for a parcel project I'm doing and everything was smooth sailing until the proram crashed.  Poof. Open the program back up and all my annotations are gone-zo.  I did save them though.  I can still see the layer n the TOC and open the attribute table and zoom to each annotation and it brings me to the right spot but there is nothing there.  Where did my annotation go? Someone help please   -_-
Tags (2)
5 Replies
ErinNovakovich
New Contributor III
This is a problem I've also been having with ArcGIS 10.1. The only workaround I've found so far is to recreate the annotation another way. For example, if you were creating all new annotation, one at a time, try adding a field of names to the attribute table of the layer the annotation belongs to. Then go in and edit for size and placement after the annotation layer is created. That has worked for me.
Good luck!
GIS Analyst for AK
0 Kudos
MelanieSummers
Occasional Contributor III
Hello,

In the attribute table, does it show the annotations as being placed or unplaced?

Best,
Melanie S.
0 Kudos
ErinNovakovich
New Contributor III
My attribute table says they are placed.
GIS Analyst for AK
0 Kudos
MelanieSummers
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Erin,

I would try exporting the annotation feature class.

Melanie S.
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Regular Contributor II
Do graphics make annotations not draw like they make labels not draw? If so, are their any graphics leftover from the crash?
0 Kudos