Select to view content in your preferred language

Address Range Geocoder

02-07-2012 10:44 AM
ShaunWeston
Frequent Contributor
I have some point reference data for an entire country, which is about 1.5 million points and for the most part the address number is one number, but in some cases it is a range, so for about 1.3 million of the records the house number column contains a single number e.g. 12, but for the other 200,000 it is a range e.g. 1-12.

When I use the Single house address style it doesn't find the address numbers in the range 6 Main Street, doesn't match as it's 1-12 Main Street in the reference data. If I use the address range style it doesn't work properly as it's designed for lines.

So my question is how can I get the address locator to match to a range that is a point not a line. Or how can I split the reference data up for ranges, so instead of one record for 1-12 Main Street, there is 12 different records all referencing the same point e.g. 1 Main Street, 2 Main Street, 3 Main Street and so on...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Take a look here. I think the "US Address - Single House" locator type might work for you.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
ShaunWeston
Frequent Contributor
Yeah that is the style I am using at the moment, so I have some reference data where the number is a range e.g. 12-20, however when I geocode an address that is in that number range like 16, it doesn't match?

Maybe, I'm doing something wrong?
0 Kudos