Address Locator Road Centerline US Dual Ranges

08-01-2014 01:49 PM
JakeGalyon
New Contributor III

I have an address locator for our center line that works wonderful.  However, I am needing to update it.  I made a copy just in case.  I am building the new locator with same exact inputs, settings etc and the locator is not working properly.  I go to search for address using the find tool or the geocoding toolbar, and it says address not found.  I am using 10.2.  Is there an environment setting that i need to change?  Please note the reference data is the same data.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Jake:

I would suggest going through the steps outlined in the following technical article, 40678 - Dual Ranges address locators created with ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 and higher do not return m....

-Shana

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

This was a very helpful KB article, as there was no rhyme or reason why a new dual range address locator would not work on road centerline data that has been associated with an ArcGIS v9.3 address locator for over 8 years.

0 Kudos
DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor

The help tip worked great.  Went from no matches to only 17 unmatched out of 371 and those were bad address inputs.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I just got bitten by that "gotcha" the other day; created a new locator (10.5.1) for a quick project that wouldn't return anything.  Pulled my hair out and ran the addresses against an existing one.  Saw your post and just remembered....

Image result for homer simpson doh

sbritt-esristaff

Tville_GIS

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos