Address Locator Error Message

02-06-2014 07:33 AM
GuyKouwoaye
New Contributor
I was trying to geocode an excel table in which I have Zip code and Address as some of its attributes. I chose " US Streets Geocode Service Online(ArcGIS Online) Locator and got this error message: " The address locator is damaged. Resource is not available, regardless of authorization".
Can you tell me what I have to do to fix this problem?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
36 Replies
JackBeers_III
New Contributor III
@jthyen: You may need to call Esri support if you don't see it. The service shows up on my end as 'World'.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31899[/ATTACH]

I also found this video that might help:

" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW-1utzu4nI[/video]

Good Luck,
0 Kudos
PatMoore
New Contributor II
PMoore:  Can you please post that XML file that Kara from ESRI provided you?  I've tried the steps in the link you provided, per the suggestion of another post-er, but that didn't work for me.  I'd like to try what Kara offered you.  Thank you.

Actually, I've done everything in the instructions-including the XML file and although I can get to the new World Address Locator-it still doesn't work and so far no one has been enable to tell me why...I have ESRI people working on it now and will let everyone know what happens
0 Kudos
AnthonyHedberg
New Contributor
ESRI Geocoding Workaround

ESRI has moved all Online Geocoders to their new credit system. Still available are their StreetMap_NA geocoders that are provided with software.

-When Choosing your Address Locator -> ESRI Data Folder -> streetmap_na -> data -> Desired Address Locator

View Image

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31958[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
CFrate
by
Occasional Contributor
So if you hypothetically started with 1,000 credits and you only geocode to use credits, you could geocode 25,000 records.

This was what I had originally understood, but Esri support explained otherwise (the 1000 credits to geocode 40 records was straight from Esri support... Not that getting a dozen totally different responses from a dozen different techs is anything new).

I'm still testing alternatives, because we have no immediate plans (or money) for purchasing credits.
0 Kudos
PatMoore
New Contributor II
I know what you mean-we have the credits but the World Address Locator still doesn't work!
0 Kudos
PatMoore
New Contributor II
This was what I had originally understood, but Esri support explained otherwise (the 1000 credits to geocode 40 records was straight from Esri support... Not that getting a dozen totally different responses from a dozen different techs is anything new).

I'm still testing alternatives, because we have no immediate plans (or money) for purchasing credits.

I know what you mean-although we have plenty of credits, the new World Address Locator never has worked for us and no one seems to know why!
0 Kudos
CharlieDuncan
New Contributor II
I just got this problem fixed.  I have 10.1, and was able to get a trial subscription that comes with 200 credits: enough for 5000 geocoding matches (someone had it backwards when they said 1000 credits for 40 matches--not true, but the opposite).

The customer service rep provided me with an .xml and some instructions.  Go through the rather simple process and get to geocoding again...at least for a while.
0 Kudos