Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding new cases to existing geocoded data

01-27-2011 10:10 AM
mattweber
New Contributor
I am a student working on a project for the local police department, and have received new data that I have to add to an existing set of geocoded data.  Is there an easy way to merge this new data to the existing so that I don't have to start from scratch geocoding all the cases again(over 22,000) Thanks for your time.
Matt Weber
Wittenberg University
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
I perform a similar analysis on a monthly basis, and while there may be a more elegant way to do it, here is my method:

I have a 'master' point feature class that is essentially a compilation of everything I geocode; it does not have all the geocoding attributes you get after geocoding.  It sits off by itself, and is made available for those who need it.

Each month I geocode incoming records to its own stand alone feature class; I then use the simple data loader to fold them into the master feature class, mapping over the appropriate attributes.

You can add a geocoding process into a model builder application (I think) but I'm pretty sure you can not add the simple data loader into a model builder.  I don't mind doing it manually as it gives me better control over the quality of the results.  I archive the individual monthly results just in case I need to get back at them.

Hope this helps-
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos