ACAD format missing with 10.2.2?

06-04-2014 06:10 AM
GregAnspach
New Contributor II
Maybe I'm blind but I can't find the AutoCad dwg/dxf reader anywhere after I updated ArcGIS to 10.2.2 along with Data Interop to 10.2.2.

Now when I add an Interoperability Connection in Catalog, it wants to use the 'Esri Mapping Specification for CAD (MSC)' format, which doesn't bring over any geometry.    If I go into the Spatial ETL Tool and add a Reader, it will find the 'Autodesk AutoCAD DWG/DXF' reader but that is the only place it is listed.  I really need it available for the other options such as quick import and Interoperability Connections.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
0 Kudos
12 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: bruce_harold

Hi

I can see ACAD in my 10.2.2 Data Interoperability install when working in Workbench.
Interoperability Connections work too.
Something may have clobbered the format resources files, perhaps try a clean install.

Regards
0 Kudos
GregAnspach
New Contributor II
Hi

I can see ACAD in my 10.2.2 Data Interoperability install when working in Workbench.
Interoperability Connections work too.
Something may have clobbered the format resources files, perhaps try a clean install.

Regards

I've uninstalled/reinstalled DI as well as completely uninstalling/reinstalling ArcGIS and still ACAD is missing.
0 Kudos
WijmkeBrouwer
New Contributor II

Hello Greg,

Have you already found a solution to the problem. I have exactly the same problem..

Regards

0 Kudos
GregAnspach
New Contributor II

Hey Wijmke,

Nope.  We could not get it to show up at all in 10.2.2.  The only solution I found was to uninstall 10.2.2 and reinstall 10.2.1.  Let me know if you come across anything.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
WijmkeBrouwer
New Contributor II

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply! I will give it a try.

Wijmke

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

something is amiss then since the interoperability extension states that ACAD is supported perhaps it is now called something different in ArcMap 10.2.2

0 Kudos
roufbaba
New Contributor III

Dear All,

I am facing the same issue. Perhaps I can find a different format "Esri Mapping Specification for CAD (MSC)". But, it is not equivalent to ACAD like it doesn't allow the user to export the attributes as xdata.

Request some one from ESRI to respond to this issue.

Regards

Rouf

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello

We are chasing an issue in 10.2.2 whereby the ACAD format is unavailable in the Quick tools, but is available in the format gallery for Spatial ETL tools.  The issue is not reliably reproducable.

In the meantime please use a Spatial ETL tool for data import and export.

Regards

0 Kudos
roufbaba
New Contributor III

Dear Bruce,

Thank you for the response.  ACAD format is not available in the format gallery as it used to be in earlier versions. The issue I am facing is  in fact with the Spatial ETL tool where I am unable to find the ACAD format.

Regards

Rouf

0 Kudos