Select to view content in your preferred language

10.2.2 Alternate Names Geocoding Does Not Return Matches

Jump to solution
02-09-2015 09:39 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

After a quick search of the forums, I didn't see this particular problem listed, which is surprising to me as it was brought to my attention from a colleague using 10.2.1.

I created dual range address locator based on centerlines data.  We have named and numbered streets in Utah, and every named street has a numeric alias:  I created an alias table and it is part of the locator.  Both the centerlines data and the alias table have a join item called of all things 'joinitem'.  Initially I built the locator with out indexing the joinitem, and when it failed for the first time, I then retreated and added the index.

The alt-names table is ignored.  My colleague created separate dual range locator using the numeric values as the street names and then put it together with the original as a composite and that works for him.  I want it (as he does) to work the way it's supposed to.

The only changes I made to the default settings is I Added YES to Match with no zones (I heard that was a bug at 10.1) and changed the Presort input table by (fields) to City, Zip State, but I have even used an input table, I've just tested the locator interactively.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
11 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Chelsea:

If you had a FULLNAME field in the primary table and in the alternate name table and only mapped those two fields when building the address locator, you should get matches for the alternate names. The field mapping between the primary table and alternate name table need to match in order for the query between the two tables to work.

Shana

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Yeah, that was the answer I came to. Just posting it in case it could help anyone else.

0 Kudos