Export Existing Privileges

04-26-2019 10:56 AM
Labels (1)
ChadFoster1
New Contributor III

We need a tool that will export the existing privileges associated with all feature classes and tables in SDE DB.  

4 Comments
KoryKramer

I think this is probably a duplicate of https://community.esri.com/ideas/6553  Could you provide some details about how the exported information would be used?  Does it need to integrate into another system?  

ChadFoster1

Hi Kory,

It would be nice if the exported information could be used to import for existing datasets and features.  For example, if we were to export this information and then delete all data from an enterprise geodatabase and then import new features and datasets with new schema into another enterprise fgbb, it would be nice to then import the privileges with a tool.  Does that make sense to you?  

KoryKramer

Yes, that makes sense.  The other idea that I referenced explains:

"In any big Geodatabase Production System, there is usually tens to hundreds feature datasets and each one of them have sometimes different (Role Privileges for example: Oracle Roles). It is usefull if there is a tool in ArcGIS Desktop where it can let export privileges informations for Feature Classes & Feature Data Sets."

I think it's really the same request, but we'll keep this new one open and mark the old one as a Duplicate of this one.

Thanks

GIS_MJ
by

I'm here to support this idea. When building a new enterprise geodatabase from an existing one, privileges are one of the hardest things to manage. It would be super useful to be able to choose whether privileges are imported with a dataset or not during import of that dataset. It would also be useful to recreate all database users when the database is created.