Select to view content in your preferred language

Having trouble with the Coronavirus Business Continuity solution. Survey123 entries don't show up in the Dashboards.

Jump to solution
04-02-2020 02:34 PM
Labels (2)
SarahL3
New Contributor

Hi,

I deployed the solution yesterday and followed the steps for linking the Facility Status Report IDs to the map and the dashboard. I tried a few test entries for the Survey123 forms but did not see any changes to the corresponding dashboards. I also noticed there was no way to select or type in a Facility Name. When I opened it up in Survey123 Connect, it showed as hidden-input. I had also input some data into the two CSV files and updated those but did not see those changes take place. I must  be missing a step to connect it all together. Anyone else try yet?

Sarah

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Dawn_Scott
New Contributor III

Hi Eric, I have a question about this .csv table.  I tested the dashboard with my IT group and their login usernames - it all worked great.  But, a lot of our city staff (hundreds of them) are not used to logging into ArcGIS Online, even though we have an ELA and plenty of licenses for them.  Could I use a public survey form and use it without the login requirement?  If so, would the .csv still need their usernames?  Trying to make this less cumbersome for our users - if I can bypass the user login, it would be very helpful.

Thank you, 

Dawn

0 Kudos
EricWagner1
Esri Contributor

Hi Dawn, the solution was configured to use usernames, and this information is used through many of the hosted views and the personnel dashboard in the solution. To try and reconfigure the solution without usernames would take a bit of work to rewire everything. Most importantly, the usernames provide a level of security/privacy in helping to ensure that people outside of the organization aren't able to see/query the submitted data by employees. Usernames keep the entire solution's workflow out of the public space. If you do want to rebuild the solution with public facing surveys, please be sure to follow our documentation on how to secure a public survey here and here.

On a different note, ArcGIS Online can be configured to use Enterprise logins. This can reduce the number of passwords that users need to remember. Maybe this could help you and your employees out as well. You can read more here: Set up Enterprise logins. This blog also provides some additional content and benefits of enterprise logins.

0 Kudos
Bogatirsky_Nathalie
New Contributor II

Hi Eric,

I have some issues using the Personnel Dashboard. We are using Enterprise logins to log into ArcGIS Online.

Could you help me to configure the personnel Source. csv file?

Thanks

0 Kudos
EricWagner1
Esri Contributor

Hi Nathalie, Regardless of whether you use enterprise logins or not, you will still have usernames stored in ArcGIS Online. When you go to ArcGIS Online > Organization > Members, what do you see under your the names of your members? In the image below, I can see that my name is Eric Wagner, but my username is ewagner0005.

Member names and last names in ArcGIS Online

That username is what you need to use in the PersonnelSource CSV table, in the username column.

username column in PersonnelSource csv table

You can add as many people to this table, filling out one row per person. Once done, append this CSV table to Personnel hosted feature layer as described in the answer to this thread.

Bogatirsky_Nathalie
New Contributor II

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. I added the username to the PersonnelSource CSV table and append the file to the Personnel hosted feature layer. I can see the record, then filled out the surveys (Team and Personnel). The entries are in the Check in Layer. However when I opened my dashboard, I got an error message No Data. The Current check-ins table used by the dashboard is empty.

0 Kudos
EricWagner1
Esri Contributor

Hi Nathalie, Are you sure all of the usernames are spelled correctly? There was another user on this thread who didn't realize that she had extra "spaces" after each of the username values in the CSV table. They're impossible to see and they prevent the solution from working properly.

0 Kudos
Bogatirsky_Nathalie
New Contributor II

Hi,

Username fixed ... it seems that I got errors after the deployment and had to rebuild a lot of views.

I don't have the Name and location columns in the Personnel Information table and can't add the fields in the feature class even in ArcGIS Pro.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Nathalie

0 Kudos
EricWagner1
Esri Contributor

Hi Nathalie, If you're still in the testing phase of this solution and believe that some errors took place during the deployment, you may want to consider redeploying the solution. This would entail removing all of the items that came with the solution as well as the provided group. Additionally, updates were made to the solution and how you deploy it as of April 17th, 2020. For ArcGIS Online, you no longer use the Solution Deployment tool in ArcGIS Pro, there is now an onl... This might help with the troubleshooting. As a general note, out-of-the-box, you should not need to rebuild any views; that is only necessary if you want to add fields to the Survey123 surveys.

0 Kudos
Bogatirsky_Nathalie
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot Eric. I'm going to review the article you sent. I don't want to lose all the work done on the Facility Dashboard.

I need to fix the Personnel hosted feature layer which doesn't contain two columns.

Nathalie

0 Kudos
Bogatirsky_Nathalie
New Contributor II

Eric,

I re deployed the solution and everything is working fine.

Thanks a lot

Nathalie