Google coordinates to UTM coordinates in Dubai

09-13-2024 12:07 AM
Fahad_Insprit
New Contributor

Hii...

can anyone help me to convert the google map coordinates to UTM coordinates that are used in Civil drawings in  Dubai. I tried to convert but its not working. Please suggest how to do that.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

@Fahad_Insprit wrote:

Hii...

can anyone help me to convert the google map coordinates to UTM coordinates that are used in Civil drawings in  Dubai. I tried to convert but its not working. Please suggest how to do that.

Thanks in advance

Hi, 

Can you give examples of: 

• input Google coordinate values
  • output UTM coordinates that you're getting (and what definition/parameters you are using)
  • what are the expected values

Based on what Cliff Mugnier wrote in his column on the United Arab Emirates, Dubai is not using a standard UTM zone but a local transverse Mercator zone so you would need to create a custom projected coordinate system.

The Dubai Local Transverse Mercator (DLTM) Grid is referenced to the WGS 84 ellipsoid, the Central Meridian λo = +55° 20’ E, and the False Easting = 500 km.  The Northings are presumably measured from the Equator. 

0 Kudos
MariahBlackhorse1
Emerging Contributor
There are a number of converters online if you know your input system and what output system you want to convert to.
Here is one:
https://tagis.dep.wv.gov/convert/

0 Kudos