Select to view content in your preferred language

Remind me if I have ideas where the status is Needs Clarification

09-21-2023 11:43 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Sometimes, users don't realize they have outstanding ideas that Esri staff have flagged as Needs Clarification. I wonder if the system could automatically email users, say once per quarter, if they have ideas that need to be addressed.

4 Comments
JesseCloutier

Thanks for sending this idea our way, @Bud. So that we have a better understanding, is this something you'd like to see introduced primarily because you're finding that you're losing track of ideas you've submitted that have been changed to "Needs Clarification"? Or are there ideas from others that you're interested in and you've seen that they haven't responded with more details after they receive a request for more clarification some time back?

Bud
by

@JesseCloutier 

It's mostly the latter:

Or are there ideas from others that you're interested in and you've seen that they haven't responded with more details after they receive a request for more clarification some time back?

JesseCloutier

Thanks for providing that clarification. It's helpful to know. The type of feature that you're requesting isn't something we'll be able to add in the short term, and we're waiting to see what new capabilities are possible when we update to the new version of our platform—planned for 2024. There's another solution for what you're looking for, though: If there's an Idea that someone else submitted that you're particularly invested in and you can see that the account hasn't responded to the request for more details for some time, you have the option to leave a comment letting them know of your own interest and asking them to fill in some more details. You could also offer some details of your own if you're experiencing something very similar to provide some more insights. They should receive a notification in either case, which would hopefully prompt them to follow up. Hope that helps! I'm going to go ahead and Close this Idea.

JesseCloutier
Status changed to: Closed