Select to view content in your preferred language

Why "Community Feedback" instead of "Community Questions"?

Jump to solution
12-17-2023 03:09 PM
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Why is this page called "Community Feedback" instead of "Community Questions"? 

• "Questions" is standard for other ArcGIS communities.
  • It seems like users might interpret "Feedback" as a place where they could submit ideas. But the "Ideas" page is the place for that. 

Would "Questions" be a better name, for consistency/intuitiveness? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud, I see the point you're getting at about the naming convention and what this Board is most often used for at this point in its life. I invite @MichelleMathias to correct me if I've got this wrong, but I believe this Board was named Community Feedback in the expectation that it would be a place where members could provide feedback (and also ask questions, if need be) on our Community platform when it migrated from Jive (GeoNet) to Khoros (Esri Community) in November of 2020. Keeping the name "Feedback" as opposed to "Questions" may also help differentiate it from other types of Boards, as we find some members already tend to mistake the location they should be posting their product questions to and leave them in either this Board or our Community Introductions Board, instead. If we were to change the name to "Esri Community Questions," there's reason to believe that confusion might be compounded. It's something that we'll keep in consideration, though, as we want to make sure this Board best serves its intended purpose.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud, I see the point you're getting at about the naming convention and what this Board is most often used for at this point in its life. I invite @MichelleMathias to correct me if I've got this wrong, but I believe this Board was named Community Feedback in the expectation that it would be a place where members could provide feedback (and also ask questions, if need be) on our Community platform when it migrated from Jive (GeoNet) to Khoros (Esri Community) in November of 2020. Keeping the name "Feedback" as opposed to "Questions" may also help differentiate it from other types of Boards, as we find some members already tend to mistake the location they should be posting their product questions to and leave them in either this Board or our Community Introductions Board, instead. If we were to change the name to "Esri Community Questions," there's reason to believe that confusion might be compounded. It's something that we'll keep in consideration, though, as we want to make sure this Board best serves its intended purpose.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

@JesseCloutier you are correct on all accounts for why we named it such and why we keep it that way. It differentiates it from other types of question boards in the community. 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
0 Kudos