Notification Settings Change?

Jump to solution
01-07-2021 07:44 AM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

So today I open GeoNet and I see 97 notifications in my notifications feed.  Yesterday, I only had notifications for topics and questions I posted and/or replied to.  How do I get that back? 

I don't want notifications every time someone replies to a topic or question or group or whatever for every single post that I'm subscribed to. 

When that happens, the questions I have replied to become buried so fast that notifications are useless 

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager
There was a platform change made earlier this week for notification that added to the extra notifications coming through, so it is worth reviewing and updating your subscriptions again. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

hi @DavidColey  you can change your subscriptions and notifications here.  If you are following a board or place then you might be getting all the posts and replies, so you can pare that back. How to set subscriptions, notifications, and email settings 

Michelle Mathias
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Michelle - that's fine and I will do that.  But I just want to say that I had already done that and something changed in GeoNet that flooded my notifications this morning, and continues now.  So, you know, not happy

MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager
There was a platform change made earlier this week for notification that added to the extra notifications coming through, so it is worth reviewing and updating your subscriptions again. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Michelle Mathias
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

You know, in general, the entire platform move has been disappointing.  I have been contributing solutions and feedback to this forum on all manner of topics as a student, as a tech, as an Analyst and as ArcEnterprise Administrator.  Not to mention as java script developer.

All of us have lost bookmarks and threads.  All of us have lost threads. All of us have lost contacts.  All of us have had to re-learn a platform.  And for what?  Where is the benefit?  I can't find my responses under an avalanche of replies.  None of us need to see eveyone else's replies just because we are subscribed to a community!

I applaud the 2 "Kudos' given for your reply - I hope those 'Kudos' mean 'thanks, because I too was wondering why my thread was also suddenly buried'

0 Kudos
mody_buchbinder
Occasional Contributor III

Hello all

I like the new format. It let me scan all the interesting places without have to check all.

The only problem is the way it is shown. In the latest activity the list have much more details (see screen shots)

0 Kudos