New Site Feedback

Jump to solution
11-18-2020 02:13 PM
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Just a few comments a issues noted on the new site.

1) still seeing a lot of styling and formatting issues with text being over or under other objects.  have screen shots if needed.

2) as noted during the initial preview, the page headers are huge and take up a lot of screen real estate.  This is especially notable on mobile platforms.

3) Add an info button or "hover over" option for the Labels and Post Tags sections on a new post form.  I am still having trouble keeping these straight as to the difference.

4) no suggestions are displayed for Labels and Post Tags

5) have yet to enter a Label that was acceptable to the system.  Just been leaving the field blank and not entering anything.

6) when using a "@" to link to a member, often many come up with the same name with an additional number.  How can you differentiate who is who and which is correct.  For example entering ReneRubalcava you get 4 different options with no way to id the correct user or if they are all the same, i.e. hover over with additional info.  icons do display but had to open another session and bring up the user to chose the correct one.

Thanks for all of your time and effort into this endeavor.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi @LanceCole , Thank you for the detailed feedback.  

Items 1, 2, 3, 4 of your list are addressed in this doc; Known Issues and Future Enhancements 

for #5 - A bit more about labels, they are pre-defined so if no labels are showing, there are none to select. IF labels are showing you can click them to select them, you cannot type in a label unless it is already predefined. Part of our enhancement work is to improve this out of the box experience which we know is not intuitive and is confusing.

#6- @ mentioning users, yes many users have multiple accounts, and if those accounts had same usernames in the old system , the migration appended it with a number. We are working on cleaning up some of the staff duplicate issues. but I imagine you will still come across multiple accounts. For Esri staff and distributors, you want to use the account wit the Esri logo next to it. For other users, looking at their profiles might help, in determining if it is an active user by looking at online status and number of posts/ replies/ latest activity. 

also I see you have a 1 at the end of your username, if you would like us to close the other @Anonymous User account, you can reclaim the username for the account you are using. You can send me a PM (private message) if you would like to take those steps. 

Regards,

Michelle

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi @LanceCole , Thank you for the detailed feedback.  

Items 1, 2, 3, 4 of your list are addressed in this doc; Known Issues and Future Enhancements 

for #5 - A bit more about labels, they are pre-defined so if no labels are showing, there are none to select. IF labels are showing you can click them to select them, you cannot type in a label unless it is already predefined. Part of our enhancement work is to improve this out of the box experience which we know is not intuitive and is confusing.

#6- @ mentioning users, yes many users have multiple accounts, and if those accounts had same usernames in the old system , the migration appended it with a number. We are working on cleaning up some of the staff duplicate issues. but I imagine you will still come across multiple accounts. For Esri staff and distributors, you want to use the account wit the Esri logo next to it. For other users, looking at their profiles might help, in determining if it is an active user by looking at online status and number of posts/ replies/ latest activity. 

also I see you have a 1 at the end of your username, if you would like us to close the other @Anonymous User account, you can reclaim the username for the account you are using. You can send me a PM (private message) if you would like to take those steps. 

Regards,

Michelle

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
0 Kudos