Is there a problem with the links to existing content (ideas) in the migrated content?

Jump to solution
11-12-2020 06:19 AM
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I just noticed that there might be an issue with the existing content that was migrated to the new platform. Have a look at the migrated question posted here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/auto-populate-fields-for-synced-hosted-feature... which contains a link to an idea: https://community.esri.com/ideas/10796-calculate-geometry-in-agol-to-find-the-area-or-length-of-a-po... .

When I click on the link it shows the following error:

XanderBakker_0-1605190575616.png

Is this an existing issue? I did not see it in the known issues.

CC @Anonymous User 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi Xander, I believe this is due to an idea that has been archived, so no longer visible. But I will defer to our Ideas experts on this one. @ThomasEdghill  @KoryKramer 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs

View solution in original post

ThomasEdghill
Esri Community Moderator

Hi @XanderBakker , since that linked idea was marked as "Implemented" pre-migration, it was archived in this new platform. With thousands upon thousands of ideas in the old platform, it was necessary to do some cleaning up of these ideas. As a result, we've archived ideas which were marked as Implemented, Partially Implemented, Not in Current Product Plan, Duplicate, or Already Offered. 

You may encounter some broken links to old ideas embedded within other posts, such as the question you linked, and if you see that error message, it means that the content was archived. 

In the case of the question you linked, if the customer has any additional ideas which were not addressed in the archived post, we should encourage them to post a new idea so that it can be considered further. I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi Xander, I believe this is due to an idea that has been archived, so no longer visible. But I will defer to our Ideas experts on this one. @ThomasEdghill  @KoryKramer 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
ThomasEdghill
Esri Community Moderator

Hi @XanderBakker , since that linked idea was marked as "Implemented" pre-migration, it was archived in this new platform. With thousands upon thousands of ideas in the old platform, it was necessary to do some cleaning up of these ideas. As a result, we've archived ideas which were marked as Implemented, Partially Implemented, Not in Current Product Plan, Duplicate, or Already Offered. 

You may encounter some broken links to old ideas embedded within other posts, such as the question you linked, and if you see that error message, it means that the content was archived. 

In the case of the question you linked, if the customer has any additional ideas which were not addressed in the archived post, we should encourage them to post a new idea so that it can be considered further. I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions. 

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @ThomasEdghill  and @MichelleMathias  for explaining why this is happening. 👍