Select to view content in your preferred language

Grey spacing in blog post comments

07-01-2022 06:16 AM
5 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there Bud,

Typically thats where you would see the Kudos button would go. From my view, it seems as though kudoing comments on document posts is not possible. I will check with the Community team.

Keep on keeping on!
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

One's some kind of footer...

jcarlson_0-1656682091615.png

Beneath that are two elements, one for "mod controls", one for "sub footer", so perhaps moderator users see something in or beneath this? These other elements seem to dynamically render, but this footer bar does not. The footer looks like it's supposed to be a horizontal line, but it has its own line height and margin, and the message box itself has its own padding values, so we end up with a lot of empty space.

The grey space below each post is just a "content panel" that is actually behind the comments. Each message element has a margin-bottom of 30px, and in that 30px space, the underlying panel is shown. Since there are no other margins, and the panel is the same width as the messages, it gives the visual effect of a grey stripe, rather than a background.

Probably just wonky CSS is all.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Get into html view and have a look to see if there is embedded  formatting

html.png

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Bud
by
Honored Contributor
0 Kudos
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud thank you for providing the example. I am working on this with the team and will get back. Thank you.

0 Kudos