Community links not working first time

Jump to solution
01-13-2021 01:51 AM
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

When I first click a link to an ESRI community post (e.g. from my email due to particular community subscriptions), the link does not take me to the correct location. For example, I received a subscription email which linked to this post: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/transfer-data-from-old-to-new-survey/m-p/10...

However, when first clicking on the link from my email, it took me to https://community.esri.com/#M31907 which then just displays the latest activity. I have also experienced the same issue when trying to access community posts from web searches (e.g. Google). 
It seems that once it has connected to a post correctly (i.e. the first link rather than the second), all other community post links work as expected.

I am using Google Chrome Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit). 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your patience @DataOfficer. I wanted to confirm that a fix for this issue was deployed overnight to our site. We will continue to test and monitor the experience. Please let me know if you continue to see the original issue or new issues around this when clicking links from emails or search. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

@DataOfficer  Thank you for letting us know of this issue. We will investigate and open a case with our vendor as needed. 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
DataOfficer

Hi @MichelleMathias,
Is there any feedback yet on this? I am still experiencing this issue when opening community posts/threads from email or from search engine results.

Thanks,
Rob

0 Kudos
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi @DataOfficer  Sorry for the delayed response on this one. We have seen this a few times but could use more examples to work with.  Can you send us an email attaching an example of notification emails where links not working and screenshots of what happens when clicking on them that would be very helpful for us to work with our vendor to investigate further.  You can email us here: EsriCommunity@esri.com

Thank you.

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
0 Kudos
ZianChoy
Occasional Contributor

Would you like more examples or do you already have enough information now?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apologies for not looping back on this sooner. We have this fixed now in our lower tier environments and are hoping for a deployment to our live site this week or next to resolve this issue. 

See related thread for more information  Solved: Links to posts on Esri Community just lead to home... - Esri Community  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your patience @DataOfficer. I wanted to confirm that a fix for this issue was deployed overnight to our site. We will continue to test and monitor the experience. Please let me know if you continue to see the original issue or new issues around this when clicking links from emails or search. 

DataOfficer

Excellent. It seems to be working. Thank you.