Select to view content in your preferred language

Blog Article Review?

Jump to solution
06-07-2022 08:11 AM
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Recently, I noticed that articles published to various blog spaces are now submitted for review, rather than publishing directly. This is a positive thing, since the blogs seem more "official" than the question boards, and posts there probably ought to be reviewed first.

My question: who is doing the review? Is it specific to that community board, like the group owner? Is there a standard timeline for when we could expect to have our article reviewed? And are we notified when this happens?

I wrote an article for the Dashboards blog a while back, and it seems like it's still in limbo. It's not a super important topic, but I'd love to know if there was any reason it's not showing up, or if it just takes this long for someone to look at it.

Thanks!

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hey @jcarlson Great questions and observations! We recently added the review feature to blogs, and the idea is that Place Managers can review and publish the blogs for their place. 

I also granted MVPs the agility to publish their own blogs with the idea they can skip the review. (let me know if this doesn't work like I think it should).

All that said I am not sure why your post got stuck in review 4 weeks ago, it might have been right around the time we were implementing the new blog process and no one knew to look for it. Regardless I went ahead and published your blog today.  

I updated the new review process in this doc: How to create a blog 

Cheers!

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hey @jcarlson Great questions and observations! We recently added the review feature to blogs, and the idea is that Place Managers can review and publish the blogs for their place. 

I also granted MVPs the agility to publish their own blogs with the idea they can skip the review. (let me know if this doesn't work like I think it should).

All that said I am not sure why your post got stuck in review 4 weeks ago, it might have been right around the time we were implementing the new blog process and no one knew to look for it. Regardless I went ahead and published your blog today.  

I updated the new review process in this doc: How to create a blog 

Cheers!

Michelle Mathias
0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I tried posting something in Developers - General earlier today, and was not presented with the option to bypass review.

Thanks for publishing that Dashboards item!

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Hi @jcarlson ,

I went ahead and published your blog to the  Developers Blog - Esri Community. We will have to look more into this as you should have access to bypass review. Thanks for following up and we will send you an update shortly!

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@MichelleMathias  hmmmmm  149 + blogs and I now have to wait for approval   😉

Well, there is a new one in the Python Blog

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Thanks @jcarlson  for the feedback,  I tweaked the permissions and was able to test as a mocked up MVP user so you can now post blogs without review.

@DanPatterson apologies, it was never the intention of prohibiting our most valuable bloggers from doing so, but with the new permissions it took a bit of trial and error to get the permissions for MVPs just right. Now that I have those fixed, you should have no issue posting blogs. 

Thank you both for your feedback! 

Cheers!

Michelle Mathias
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

@DanPatterson  also, you now have the permissions to go into the Python blog dashboard and view your blog and post it.  (I just tested this, but let me know if you don't see the blog dashboard on the Python blog page and cannot post)

MichelleMathias_0-1654691501704.png

Michelle Mathias
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@MichelleMathias   Michelle... It is there.... can't wait to read it 😉

... sort of retired...