ArcGIS Ideas

Jump to solution
11-12-2020 07:49 AM
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I was confused on how to vote up an idea. I think that it should say that voting is adding a kudos on the main Ideas page and now in the frequently asked question. 

RickeyFight_1-1605196066307.png

From Frequently asked questions:

"Interacting with Ideas

How do I vote for an idea?

After reviewing an idea, you may decide to cast your vote of support. ArcGIS Ideas uses a system of kudos to measure votes, which works similarly across the Esri Community. Kudos can be seen at the bottom of each idea post, like below:

RickeyFight_0-1605195969934.png

By clicking on the thumbs up button, you will cast your vote, increasing the total kudo tally by one. If you wish to revoke a kudo you’ve given, click on the thumbs up button again. Note that you are unable to give kudos to your own idea posts. In addition, some idea statuses will freeze an idea from receiving further kudos. For more information, see Why am I unable to kudo some ideas?"

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasEdghill
Esri Community Moderator

Hi @RickeyFight , thank you for this feedback! We have plans to make some updates to the Frequently Asked Questions and the ArcGIS Ideas home page, and we'll try to make it more clear that in the new platform, a vote and a kudo are the same thing.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ThomasEdghill
Esri Community Moderator

Hi @RickeyFight , thank you for this feedback! We have plans to make some updates to the Frequently Asked Questions and the ArcGIS Ideas home page, and we'll try to make it more clear that in the new platform, a vote and a kudo are the same thing.