Select to view content in your preferred language

New *Hidden* Badge Available

11-07-2023 07:44 AM
Labels (1)
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager
8 4 938

Following our early July announcement about the gradual release of new account badges, Esri Community is announcing the fifth and final badge in our 2023 lineup … But there’s something special about this badge: It’s a secret!

That’s right, we’re keeping more-or-less quiet about what exactly this one looks like and the specific criteria one must meet to earn it. We will say this, though: Out of all the badges available in Esri Community, this one may just be the crème de la crème. Though not impossible to earn, doing so represents no small challenge and only the most dedicated of Esri Community users will manage to claim it for their profile.

2023.11_New Badge Available - Hidden Badge_Silhouette.png
Silhouette of the hidden badge

FACT: More people have landed on the moon than have obtained this badge. What’s more, exactly zero gold medal Olympians have managed to collect it on what amounts to the ultimate podium. And despite the breathtaking honor bestowed by their combined Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony awards, not a single EGOT recipient has soared to the atmospheric level that would add this final grand achievement to their trophy case.

It’s true—just one person on the entire earth has earned the new hidden badge at the time of this announcement. Quite sincerely, an ENOURMOUS congratulations goes out to @DanPatterson for being the sole achiever of this badge through what could be described as his being a relentless presence and participant in Esri Community!

For everyone else, follow Dan’s lead and you may one day find you’ve been awarded an extra special badge shared only amongst one of the most exclusive GIS circles in existence.

4 Comments
About the Author
I'm a Community Manager focused on Engagement & Content here at Esri. My guiding ethos is that community — people coming together around shared purpose, demonstrating collective support, and collaborating in mutually beneficial ways — is the most powerful source for progress in the world. I'm at your service as we make great things happen through GIS.